Kitchen Manager Salary Range $48,000-$52,000. Weekly Pay. Insurance Benefits. 401k. Paid Time Off.
Responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and cleanliness. Below is a list of the common tasks and responsibilities of a Kitchen Manager.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Legacy Restaurant Group.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items, establish portion sizes, and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition.
- Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food operations.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
- Make employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies regarding personnel are followed, and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures to new kitchen employees.
- Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or the likely number of guests.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Meet with guests to discuss menus for special occasions, such as weddings, parties, or banquets.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
To provide a unique and extraordinary experience to all in a manner that earns loyalty from guests and team members.
We will be recognized as an extraordinary leader in the hospitality industry through the passionate pursuit of excellence across all our endeavors.
Integrity – We will be open and honest in all activities. We will always do the right thing.
Guest Focus – We are engaging, responsive, and flexible in providing the highest level of extraordinary hospitality to our guests.
Respect – We value the team, and the guests, while embracing diversity and treating individuals with courtesy and politeness in all interactions.
Community Volunteerism – Our business decision are guided by a shared commitment to being active and responsible members of the communities in which we work and live.
Loyalty – We are dedicated to the mission of Legacy Restaurant Group, and we are all personally accountable for upholding and advancing its vision.
Pursuit of Excellence - We will seek excellence in everything we do in an effort to create an extraordinary culture that achieves the highest levels of success by all performance measures.
The success of our restaurants is a direct reflection of the talent and dedication of our extraordinary team members.
From the kitchen to the dining room, every team member plays a vital role in our pursuit of the perfect guest experience. We are committed to attracting the best in the industry while treating each person with respect and dignity. You will be entering an environment where your hard work truly makes a difference and helps us in our pursuit of exceptional quality. We value the skills, strengths, and perspectives of our diverse team, and depend upon each other to cultivate an atmosphere that is disciplined as well as rewarding. We are continually sharing ideas and learning in order to improve our organization and ourselves.
Hospitality is a key ingredient for creating an exceptional dining experience, and great hospitality begins with a simple smile and genuine warmth. Smiles not only impress and welcome our guests, but also energize our teammates.
We approach food and service as an art form requiring grace, finesse, and sophistication. Acting with care ensures that efficiency never becomes haste and quality never suffers for convenience. Through thoughtful presentation of oneself and our food, we show respect for our ingredients, our buildings, our guests, and our colleagues.
Attention to detail is most important in hospitality and service. Often times the smallest things are the most memorable part of a guests visit. Every detail contains an opportunity to leave a lasting impression.
We hope your time with us will be fulfilling on many levels. It is our sincere wish to share the message of hospitality with you as a tool not only for the restaurant, but also for your daily life.